Sunday, January 25, 2015

My English Learning Journry

I have been learning English for 7 years. From my middle school, I began to touch with English. At first, English was an subject which owned a small percentages of our whole scores, so I always did not care my English study.
 After I came to senior school, English course became more and more important. Then I found that I could not follow my classmates steps because of my bad English scores. There was some days I wondered how I can caught up with others and I really suffered that, every exam, my English scores was extremely lower than average scores. My teacher noticed my English was bad, and he began to help me caught up with others from reciting words and texts. After a while, I found it really helps. From then on, my English became better and better, while all my efforts were working on scores.
 It was two years ago I had been to Singapore. I found my listening and speaking ability were really bad. I could not even understand what these people were talking. Now, it comes better because I have been here half and a year, but my speaking ability is still not good. Honestly, in my daily work, I put less efforts on English. But now, I really want to improve my English. I will put more my time on English study this semester.    

5 comments:

  1. Good Work Limin! Glad to hear that you have been putting in hard work to improve your English. I hope that you can continue to do so. Quite a few grammar mistake throughout the test. Some includes firstly, instead of "I can caught up with others", it should be "I can catch up with other". Instead of " there was some", it should be "there were some"

    A few missing words here and there like, "Then I found that". It should be "found out"

    Keep working hard!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Limin. I have friends who put in consistent hard work for english and they all did pretty well at the end, I know you can do it too. There are some grammar mistakes in your post and the sentence structure are a bit off the mark. I'm quite bad at english too so I hope you will take my comments with a pinch of salt. Let's work hard and improve our english. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Li Min, for this honest and self-critical reflection. You methodically address the assignment by describing your experience, and you do so in a concise yet fairly comprehensive manner. As one might expect, your most apparent problems are related to language use. But the mistakes you make are the sort that can be addressed with a review and more careful attention in editing:


    1) There was some days I wondered how I can caught up with others .... > (subject-verb disagreement & incorrect verb tense)

    2) my English scores was ... > (subject-verb disagreement)

    3) ...he began to help me caught up with others.... > (wrong verb form)

    4) After a while, I found it really helps.... > (incorrect verb tense)

    5) It was two years ago I had been to Singapore. > (incorrect verb tense)

    6) were talking.... > were talking ABOUT

    Let's work on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. Please change your blog to English.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Li min. After reading your english learning journey I felt the strong need to give you the following quote - "Enjoy what you hate and you will not hate it anymore." There are tons of people out there experiencing the same situation as us. We could choose to give blames to our bad start in the language or we could be optimistic about it. Wanting to improve is the first step. Well done.

    ReplyDelete